Liverpool has the opportunity to establish an advantage over Manchester City in the race for the Premier League crown, which would significantly improve the chances of Jürgen Klopp’s team winning the championship.

Liverpool is progressing towards the concluding phases of the 2023-24 Premier League season. Following a disheartening season in the previous year, it was uncertain if we would immediately regain our position as title contenders. However, we have managed to do so.

Pep Guardiola’s team, Manchester City, is currently considered the frontrunner to retain the title as they prepare to face Liverpool at Anfield on Sunday. However, the Reds are still in the running, and the probabilities may start to reverse by the conclusion of this month.

The Opta Analyst reports that City presently holds a 50.6 percent probability of winning the league, while Liverpool has a 36.1 percent possibility, and Mikel Arteta’s Arsenal has a mere 13.3 percent likelihood. The majority of Liverpool supporters would have welcomed that scenario at the beginning of August, particularly before to facing Manchester City at Anfield.


About the author


Leave a Comment